So it’s been a little over 2 months sine I’ve been working at Automattic.
I’ve been having a blast! I get to help some awesome users and work from some pretty cool places. I also got some shiny new toys to work with courtesy of Automattic. As a bonus I’ve already attended my first WordCamp as an Automattician and got to meet a few of my coworkers at WordCamp OC.
So I decided to put together a little photo collage of my first few months.
A few things I’ve learned:
- Don’t ever forget your headphones when working at the coffee shop, you’ll regret it.
- I now know the best parks to work from that have the best reception for my mobile hot spot or are close enough to my home’s wifi router that I still get signal.
- Working at the pool is super fun and can make for a great swimming lunch break, but try and leave before 3pm to miss the loud kids who are out of school.
- Sleepy puppies are a great distraction and stress reliever
- The amount of packages you receive your first week is super fun
- I have such an amazing supportive core group of friends who helped me get to this point, and made sure I celebrated it.
- Nothing beats a home made lunch
- I have awesome co-workers who are super super smart but hilarious as well