As you know I’m wapuu’s biggest fan and I’ve been pestering Naoko for a while to learn more about how wapuu came to be. Now I know the story and I’m so excited to share it with you.
- Kazuko Kaneuchi: Designer/Illustrator @mutsuking
- Naoko Takano: Japanese community manager/translator @naokomc
- Seisuke Kuraishi: aka “tenpura” WP Multibyte Patch developer @eastcoder
- Takayuki Miyoshi: Contact Form 7 Plugin developer @takayukister
- Taisuke Jotaki: aka “Tai” Japanese translator @tekapo
- Odyssey: @odyssey
In 2009 at the WordCamp Tokyo after-party, Matt asked Japanese users what should we do to promote WordPress in Japan. One of the ideas was to create a mascot.
Foxkeh was already a popular local mascot for Firefox, so many community members thought WordPress should have a mascot for Japan as well. Matt said he thought it was a cool idea although many of the ja.wordpress.org admins thought he was kinda joking.
View original post 482 more words