Hi friends! I’m Tish, welcome to my little corner of the Internet. It’s nice to virtually meet you *waves*
I’m a Latina that is addicted to Pinning Inspirational Quotes on Pinterest and Cute Puppies on Instagram.
I live in Southern California, in an area called Orange County. It’s right along the beautiful coast between Los Angeles and San Diego. An area that’s known for its delicious tacos and gorgeous beaches.
I’m a self-proclaimed nerd or as my friends like to refer to as an “Internet Ninja”, which basically means that I Google a lot and type really fast.
I work at one of the largest remote companies, called Automattic. I’m a Happiness Engineer working on supporting the users of WordPress.com. I love the work I do, the company I work for, and my coworkers that I work alongside remotely.
I’ve been using WordPress for 6 years now, and I’ve been working at Automattic as a Happiness Engineer since 2015. Before Automattic, I was an Interactive Project Manager, working at a marketing agency by managing all of the WordPress website design projects and social media campaigns.
I travel as often as I can because I’m determined to fill my life with adventures and not things.
Fun facts about me:
- I’m addicted to WordPress, Pinterest, and GIFs.
- I love to chat about Photoshop and graphically designing resumes, which is a hobby for me.
- I write as often as I can manage about remote working and what it’s like being a Happiness Engineer at Automattic. If you have a specific question, let me know I’ll be happy to try and cover it in a future blog post.
- As a Latina, I’m particularly passionate about Diversity and Inclusion in Tech.
- I love to travel and consider travel hacking as another hobby
- I’m a life-long learner, so I’m constantly in webinars, listening to Podcasts, taking a class, or watching ‘How to’ Youtube videos
- I have a hard time writing an email or text without including an emoticon of a smiley face
- I’m a volunteer Bible Teacher in my community. I love teaching and chatting with people about how the Bible is relevant to our lives today
- I currently live about a mile from Newport Beach & I go to the beach as often as possible.